Wednesday 2 January 2013

Paper Dress

Using mostly printing and pleating, me and Nicola created paper dress based around a Harlot in the 18th century; we found that paper isn't the best material to use for certain shapes, such as the main body of the corset.
The printing was the most tedious part as we had to print the paper twice, firstly with the pink flower pattern, then overlay the blue pattern in-between the pink. We had planned out the main look of the dress, but not any decoration.
I'm really pleased with how it turned out as many hours went into it, but I'd like to try and create the skirt to the dress. I especially like how we combined our ideas together to create the decorations, such as the bows, pleating and borders embellishing the dress.
All of the dress was stuck together using a glue gun as we felt that stitching wouldn't hold up the paper as it was quite heavy, and I think this was the right choice as I feel that it would've fallen apart if we had stitched it.











No comments:

Post a Comment