Monday 22 April 2013

Harley & Thoresby Gallery

I went to Thoresby gallery mostly for the gallery shop for the market research; I found that because it isn't as well known as the YSP, the art is a lot cheaper than the MADE exhibition. 

I actually liked a lot more of the Thoresby Gallery shop art more than YSP as it was more open and there was a lot more what I prefer. There was a variety of different materials used, although I didn't find any that was recycled, it gave me an insight into what prices could be on some of the lampshades I'll make. 


The Harley Gallery I found was a little more expensive than Thoresby, but not as much as YSP. There were a lot more refined pieces at the Harley, but I did like some of the vases and candle holders I saw made from clay. I did see some unusual birds made from recycled materials and mesh/alternative materials. 


Overall, I think if I would put my lampshades in a craft/gallery shop, it'd be more suited towards Thoresby as they're more open with the work they sell, rather than it being all similar like the Harley. 
I wouldn't know how much they could be worth until I'd made the final pieces, and I think the best way to work this out would be to build a questionnaire or ask the people around me on how much they would pay for the item/s. 

No comments:

Post a Comment