Monday 28 January 2013

Amanda Edwards - Penny Floor/Mosaic


It didn't take a lot of searching for me to find Amanda Edwards, a mosaic artist who works mainly with glass; I almost immediately picked up on this as it links with Logan's glass crowns, especially with the bright colours, not just the obvious glass mosaic.
She never plans any of her mosaics in detail, she sketches the design she wants, but never plans where the glass pieces will go; it's all spontaneous, one of the reasons I like her work.

 Public work - Barbara Bush Children's Hosp

She created this really abnormal floor out of penny's that I'd love to do some more research into, and see whether I'd be able to do something like this on a small scale, then print onto it maybe
http://mandolinmosaics.com/stained-glass-mosaic-windows.php

No comments:

Post a Comment