Friday 23 November 2012

Advertisements - Graphics

 Within the Graphics lessons, we'd been asked to alter and change parts of adverts to make them seem more realistic. I chose to do coffee adverts as most people drink coffee, and pay an arm and a leg for it out of their own homes.
Starbucks was an easy choice to make as they are widely known and would have many adverts to manipulate. I found it difficult to find any ways to alter the small print instead of the large, however in the end I ended up changing the main text. Although the changes are quite simple, they have a large impact on what the reader can see. I added a last minute change of the Starbucks cup into a Costa Coffee one to show that coffee is generally the same, even though there are a lot of different coffee companies.

Before the changes:


After the changes:

The other coffee company I chose was Costa Coffee, one of the main ones in the UK. Although there seemed to be a lot on the advertisement to change, I also found it difficult to change the small parts of this advert as the small print was unreadable. I did manage to change the slogan under the coffee mug, however I had a hard time finding the font that would match up with the current text. I mostly did small changes to the text in this advertisement as they would have the most impact when it came to viewing them.

Before the changes:


After the changes:

No comments:

Post a Comment